Sound Dust Drift 001 KONTAKT
Here at Sound Dust, we like to create instruments that inspire and stimulate new music and new ways of making music. This often involves building impossible contraptions packed with possibilities…they also tend to have quite a lot of controls.
DRIFT 001 goes in a different direction – simple at the front, complex behind the curtain. The business end is just 4 large knobs: Grist, ADSR, Morph and Space combine multiple functions for uncomplicated and intuitive sound design. A minimal interface beneath which lurks a maximalists desire to warp, bend and squash millions of new sounds into the aether.
4 knobs wasn’t quite enough though – BPM synced drift control adds gorgeous woozy tape like wow and flutter and BPM synced tremolo adds movement and throb.
Instantly turn a wonky piano into a warped felt pad or reversed ghost Joanna. Create massive gnarly pads that can quickly be tamed to subtle gossamer. There is enough variation inside DRIFT001 and your brain to score an entire movie/game/box set/concept album/stage musical…there really is.
What’s Inside ?
- 11 deeply multi sampled complex sounds sources = 5GB
- 100 snapshots
- NEW – compact mode for modular stacking
- NEW – 30 stacked multis
- morph EQ knob with 100 settings
- morph ADSR knob with 100 settings
- grist knob for noisy filth
- 50 custom impulse response reverbs
- space knob adds IR reverb and goes to 100% wet
- BPM synced drift control for tape like chaotic wow and flutter
- BPM synced tremolo
- custom modwheel settings per sound source
- full automation capability
- Handy built in instructions in RTFM page
FULL version of Kontakt 5.8 needed
DRIFT 001 will load into Player but time out after 10 minutes, so please don’t buy this if you are using the free Kontakt Player.