Genuine Soundware Red Animal v1.0.0 [WIN]
Bands like the Doors, the Animals, the Monkees made the Vox Continental one of the most famous electronic organs of the 60’s. This particular model was made in the UK and also in Italy and was rather simple in both electronics and features. Like many other electronic organs of the same age, the sound generator is based on the so-called “Top Octave Synthesizer”, TOS for short, responsible of the generation of 12 waveforms, one for each note of the last octave of the organ keyboard.
The basic waveform in this case is a low-pass filtered square wave. The lower octaves are produced by means of “divider” circuits that halve the frequency of each waveform, going so forth for each lower octave down to the pedalboard tones. This organ offers only two different registers: Sine and Master, with 4 different foot lengths.
The sound engine of GSi Red Animal is also featured in the GSi Gemini and the Crumar Mojo 61.
Of course this type of instrument gives its best if run through external effects and amps. Have a look at the GSi catalog and experiment with some of the effects offered by GSi.
- Component Modeling engine (no samples, all real-time synthesis)
- Full Polyphony (61 notes, 12 Top-Octave Oscillators + Frequency Dividers)
- Key multi-contact simulation with authentic and adjustable key click
- Authentic recreation of the Vox register filters
- Recreation of the background noise and leakage
- Adjustable vibrato (speed and depth)
- Built-in Stereo Delay effect
- Built-in Stereo Reverb effect
- Built-in programmer with unlimited Programs
- Embedded user’s manual
- Available as Stand-alone application and audio plugin
- Very low CPU and RAM usage